- 3 Dietary Specialties lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1/4 c. grated carrots
- 1/2 c. low protein "Ricotta cheese" (recipe below)
- 1/4 c. grated zucchini
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 c. spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. Ener-G Foods shredded mozzarella cheese*
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 4 T. margarine
- 1/4 c. Cheese Flavored Sauce Mix*
- 2 T. oil
- 1/4 t. salt
- 5 slices Aproten Crackertoast, crushed*
- 1 c. cold water
Prepare "Ricotta Cheese":
Mix together cornstarch, cheese sauce mix and salt in a small saucepan. Add water and stir until dry ingredients are blended. Add margarine and oil. Place over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes very thick. Remove from heat. Add the crushed Crackertoast, stirring gently until evenly mixed. Use 1/2 cup in the lasagna and store unused portion in refrigerator. Will keep for 6 to 10 days.
To make lasagna:
Prepare the noodles as directed on package. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sautee the onions, carrots and zucchini over medium heat until soft. Add 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce and 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Place one lasagna noodle in a 4" x 8" loaf pan and spread with 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese. Add 1/2 of the sauce mixture and repeat layers with another noodle. Top with the third lasagna noodle. Spread reserved 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce on top. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Makes 2 servings.
|Protein (g)||Leucine (mg)||Calories|
* More information on these cheeses and the companies marketing them.